About the Academy
Upcoming Academy Dates
Basic Recruit Class
- October 23rd, 2017 – 138th Recruit Class
- March 11th, 2018 – 139th Recruit Class
- October 9th, 2017 – 137th Recruit Class
- February 26th, 2018 – 138th Recruit Class
- July 16th, 2018 – 139th Recruit Class
We are currently processing applicants for the upcoming classes.
For those candidates who are already Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officers with at least 1 year of sworn experience, we anticipate hosting the Transitional Recruit Class (TRC) with each basic recruit class (call local recruiter for dates). If you are currently a Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officer, apply now to become a member of a future TRC class!
Please remember, our hiring process will take anywhere from 6 to 8 months, so if you are considering a career with the Florida Highway Patrol, the sooner you apply, the greater chance you’ll have to become a member of the next Basic Recruit Class (BRC) or the next TRC! Don’t wait until it’s too late! Apply Now !